While browsing pinterest I came across this wreath:
I knew right away I wanted to make it. A couple of weeks ago my neighborhood had a community garage sale. During the treasure hunting I came across a twig wreath for only $1!
Thus my creative mind began doing it's thing...
I grabbed the wreath, some twine I had, scraps of fabric. I used burlap, osnaburg, cream lace and a gold/cream brocade.
Twine from Lowe's or HD.
Glue gun with 1.5 - 2" fabric strips to create rosettes
Start with knotting the end of the strip. Then twist the fabric clockwise while gluing it down every little bit.
I also created more of a rose looking flower where I started with a knot and just folded the strip in half, gluing every so often.
Also while garage sale-ing I found this "L" for $1. Perfect for our last name.
It was originally a zebra print motif. I painted over that with Valspar's Careless Whisper paint.
Then I glazed it with Martha Stewart's Black Coffee glaze.
I'm not sure I glazed so well...I read after that you're supposed to use a damp cloth. I didn't..but oh well. . .still turned out good!
Final product . . . hanging on our front door!
I only spent $2 on this wreath. Everything else I already had!
I love it!!
Come visit us to see it in person!!