While garage sale-ing on Saturday I found a nice old book that would be perfect for something I'd been wanting to do for a while!
Pottery Barn had book page bundles for like $20+ and I knew I could make it for much cheaper!
I happened to have a seam ripper next to me so I used that to detach the binding...it was already coming off and just had some of those netted strings holding it on. It was very easy to take off.
After removing the binding there's a lot of glue, netted fibers holding it together, yucky stuff, etc
Later I realized a lot of people kept the yucky stuff but I didn't want to. . .
So, after trying to get it off using a wet paper towel, I noticed all the pages were a little wet and they should tear off really easy. So I tore them off carefully leaving a nice torn edge for the binding side.
I wrapped it up with a string and Voila!
After it was complete I decided it would look great on my pallet shelf. I might move it around but it's nice here for now!