Last weekend was Operation Clean-Out-The-Garage. Our garage was getting so cluttered we needed to get stuff out of it, including the pile of wood I had gotten for free off Craigslist a few weeks before.
I started out by drawing up plans and making calculations. Oh yeah...check out my AWESOME drawing skills!
I took measurements of what I wanted it to be, then worked out how much wood I had, to be sure I had enough.
I knew I had enough but I would have to get creative for the shelf, bottom, and top.
Making cuts with the miter saw.
Assembly starting! I used 2 and 3 inch screws to attached 2x4's together.
Main frames together, ready to be attached together.
I didn't want the screws to show from the front, so I got out the Kreg Jig and set it up for 1.5" boards. To set it up you use the Allen wrench to adjust the length of the drill bit.
Then set the height on the Kreg Jig to 1.5"
Clamp the jig down and start drilling!
Attaching the pieces together with the pocket holes.
A bigger view of the project.
Then we added 2 x 2's for the middle shelf, and chicken wire for the basket section.
The chicken wire was stapled in with a basic staple gun.
The bottom of the basket section was a leftover piece from a desk. I sanded it down to distress it. It matched perfectly
Almost done, here it is so far . . .
The top of the piece was made from wood left over from another project. It didn't have the worn reclaimed look so I used the vinegar and steel wool mixture to age the wood.
The aging process with the above mixture
After just one day of work it's finished!
Completed with my homemade laundry soap and clothes pins.
Loving my new laundry stand/organizer and loving my slightly less cluttered garage! On to the next project!
This past week I also set up my website to showcase all of my projects. It shows what we have done and can do for any future customers.
I have also added a For Sale section. I'll be adding more to it as time goes by. Please stop by and check it out!